Friday 4 August 2017

Dissection  by Lily

Racing softly in my ear, I hear the frantic beat of my heart. Wondering, I ask if I am capable of handling the organs. As the blood pumps through my brain, I walk up to the table thinking of my final decision.  Watching them explain and cut open the organs, I find it’s not that bad… It’s actually really fascinating.

Surprisingly, we got told we get a heart for each group to dissect. Shaking, trying to hold myself, I hop up wanting to be first with the scalpel.

I take my first cut through, being glad I was first. As the heart became two, I saw the valves connected to the inside of it. There was a lot of good fats around it, which was surprisingly quite hard.

Next, it was Isabella’s turn with the scalpel. Cutting through, I see more of the organs parts. With blood everywhere, we now get a photo with our group.

We now finish up with a few people trying out the ultrasound to see if they're alive. We say our thanks with all our happiness and say our goodbyes.

20170525_113508.jpg

1 comment: